Thursday, July 3, 2008

Triumph in Tribulation

I have never been a blog reader before, but I have been captivated by the legacy of Audrey Caroline Smith and nudged by the Spirit as Angie Smith glorifies God through her difficult and trying times in the loss of a child (I have even been inspired to start my own blog. WOW!). In her blog "Bring the Rain," anointed words flow. Some make me laugh, and some make me cry. The main thread running all the way through every entry is that God loves us, and when we are living close to Him, others can see Him in us. I have attached Angie's blog in my favorites.

Another place I have seen His light shining lately is in the words of Becky Brumbalow. Roger (and Becky) Brumbalow is (are) the Assemblies of God Superintendent (and his wife) for the state of Georgia. Roger recently had brain surgery, chemo, radiation and physical therapy, among other things. Becky is also going through chemo again, having gone through this several times in the past. Every post in their online journal is positive and upbeat despite the difficulties they have experienced. I see His light shining all the way. And I love the way they end every post: "It is a great day for a miracle." You can see this at http://www.gadistag.org/

We will not give up! It really is a great day for a miracle. I see them every day in my children. I see them in Roger and Becky Brumbalow and in Todd and Angie Smith. God is good. He is faithful to walk before us and after us, no matter what it is we face. Praise, honor and glory are HIS!

1 comment:

Elaine said...

HI there,
I found your blog from Angie Smith's...I loved your online name: born2teach. Teachers are a special group...such hard workers who labor for the love of helping others learn to love learning. Good luck on your Master's degree! I'll pray for you...I teach at a university and am working on my PhD. One thing that I have learned in this process is that I amd BLESSED (yes, highly favored) to be able to continue my education. It is a position of privilege and I have come to savor the process. There are times that it is plain old hard work but I am determined, by God's grace, to go gracefully through this season and not wish this time away. May you be BLESSED with a good memory, with the courage to persist, a supportive family, and amazing teachers.