Sunday, July 20, 2008

Storm the Gates

Does anyone know where the phrase "storm the gates of hell" comes from? I do not have time to locate my Strong's Concordance. I am in the midst of an action research plan for my master's degree program (BrainSMART). It has to be submitted today, so I cannot quit.

BUT we had an awesome service at church today, and a precious prayer warrior stood up and said she had made up her mind that she was going to give the devil so much trouble he was going to start saying, "uh-oh, she's awake!" I love that! I know I heard a minister a few years ago say that the Bible says to "storm the gates of hell." I have done a quick search online, even in Strong's online concordance. I have not been able to easily find a scripture that says that. Apparently, there is a book with that for a title. That is all my searches came up with.

When I have time, I can look for it myself. I just thought someone might know off the top of their head where it is. If so, leave a comment. Thanks!

I hope your day is a blessed one! Mine sure is.

1 comment:

Catherine Rogers said...

I can't find it anywhere. Isn't that surprising?? I'm pretty sure now it is not in the bible but perhaps a statement made by someone like, Wesley or Martin Luther. and its origins reach far back there somewhere. Just a guess.