Sunday, September 7, 2008

Eheyeh: I Am

WOW! I am overwhelmed with His words so clearly spoken to me lately. I have a precious friend fighting cancer. The phrase God has given her for this time is "'I Am' is my healer!" I was praying for her this weekend and looked up "by His stripes we are healed." It is found in Isaiah 53. I was struck with the words "we are healed." You see, this was a prophecy. Jesus had not been physically born into this world yet. However, He is I Am. The original word for this is Eheyeh. The people who lived in Bible days recognized this word as a name for God which meant He is the Alpha and Omega, the Beginning and the End, the One who always has been and always will be. Then when Jesus came and was criticized and questioned. He stated, "Before Abraham was, I Am." I imagine those around Him were shushed. They recognized his words to say He identified Himself as Deity.

He is I Am. He dwells in us. Therefore, we are. We are whatever He says we are. He says "we are healed." If He said it, then it is; because He is I Am.

Blessings

No comments: