Sunday, September 27, 2009

In His Strength

I remember learning the scripture, when I was a child, that says 'I can do all things through Christ Who strengthens me." I also remember singing many times Jesus Loves Me, which says, "they are weak but He is strong." Even as a little girl, I knew that "they" meant me. All of my life, my parents, my Sunday School teachers, my pastors, my school teachers (at a Christian school) poured the Word into my mind so I could hide it in my heart. The messages are so simple a child can understand.

God, the Master Creator knows us better than anyone else, and He made His message simple on purpose: so we could get it. He did this so we could get it at a young age. Our minds are constantly inundated with all kinds of thoughts: duties, responsibilities, blessings, tv shows, radio programs, email, news, conversations, the kids' need for clothes to be ironed. Need I go on? As cluttered as our minds get, the simple messages from God's word are powerful enough to penetrate the most cluttered mind and bring peace.

I have had a stressful couple of weeks, and the thought that has been my stay is from a song by Steven Curtis Chapman: His Strength is Perfect.

We can only know
The power that He holds
When we truly see how deep our weakness goes;
His strength in us begins
Where ours comes to an end.

One morning last week, I prayed and asked the Lord how I would have strength to do all I need to do, and it was like He said: You just say the Word, and I will take care of it. So I am continuing to say everyday, "His Strength is Perfect," but I do not see it until I am out of strength myself. When I am emptied and can't go on, He steps in and takes care of it. He gives me what I need to keep pressing on. I am very thankful for His hand on my life.

Be blessed.

1 comment:

Catherine Rogers said...

Every day seems to be an effort now since losing my husband. I asked the Lord, "Why am I left here?"

My heart was filled with assurance that I am not to worry for he controls the universe. I don't know all the answers yet, but one day I will. He is in charge of it all. And handles "in charge", not with a heavy hand, not in a way to throw his weight around. He wields his power out of love to give us strengh. In our weakness his perfected strength shines through. We can do all things through Christ indeed. Our help comes from the Lord who made the heavens and earth. We are his people, the sheep of his pasture. He will guard us, guide our steps on the path of righteousness for his namessake, when we call out to him.

You are special in every way. His grace shows in your life. Thank God for his sweet love and sufficient power!